3rd Filomena (2017)
Date: August 21st to 23rd
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
This edition was organized by Daniel Durante, Evelyn Erickson, João Daniel Dantas , Patrick Terrematte, Samir Gorsky and Sanderson Molick.
The invited talks were:
- "Logical Realisms", Tuomas Tahko (University of Helsinki)
- "Science and metaphysics, in the light of quantum mechanics", Jonas Becker Arenhart (UFSC)
- "Towards a theory of speech acts in mathematics: The case of naturalness", Giorgio Venturi (UNICAMP)
- "A semantical view of proof systems", Elaine Pimentel (UFRN)
The contributed talks were:
- "O expressivismo lógico de Aristóteles segundo Lucas Angioni: um breve e introdutório quadro teórico", Aislan Fernandes Pereira (UFPB)
- "Essencialismo aristotélico versus essencialismo modalista", Alberto Leopoldo Batista Neto (UFRN)
- "Contra o Pluralismo Lógico", Daniel Durante (UFRN)
- "Making Sense of Logical Pluralism", Evelyn Erickson (UFRN)
- "Fictional Objects and Modal Metaphysics", Francisco A. N. Lages (UFMG)
- "Contextualism and The Liar Paradoxes", Guilherme Araújo Cardoso (UNICAMP)
- "Proper Names in Fictional Contexts", Iago Mello Batistela (UFSC)
- "Towards Multiple Denotation Semantics for a Modest Plural Logic", João Daniel Dantas (UFRN)
- "Modality and Quasi-Truth: A Possible-World Semantics for Quasi-Truth Theory", Kherian Gracher (UFSC)
- "Completeness in quantified modal logic and the interpretation of the quantifiers", Luis A. Urtubey (National University of Córdoba)
- "Logicamente Simples Como Inserção Em Práticas: (des)Pensando objetos lógicos numa abordagem pragmatista", Luiz Henrique da Silva Santos (UFAL)
- "The special composition question and natural fusion", Renato Mendes Rocha (UFCA)
- "Some Constraints on Quine’s Theory of Events", Riccardo Baratella (University of Padua)
- "Topics on Philosophy of Information", Samir Gorsky (UFRN)
- "Anti-exceptionalism and the revisability of logic", Sanderson Molick (UFRN)
- "Algebraic semantics for Nelson’s logic S", Thiago Nascimento (UFRN) (joint work with Umberto Rivieccio, UFRN)
- "Ontological Dependence on Causally Related Entities", Valdenor Monteiro Brito Júnior (UFSC)
- "Relações: um problema para teorias nominalistas", Valdetonio Pereira de Alencar (UFCA)
The tutorial presented was:
- "Belief puzzles", André Bazzoni (USP)
The 2017 edition counted with the round table "On Logic and Metaphysics" with the following participants: Tuomas Tahko (University of Helsinki), Jonas Becker Arenhart (UFSC) and Giorgio Venturi (UNICAMP) with Daniel Durante (UFRN) as chair.
The book of abstracts is available here.
The invited talks have been recorded and will soon be available at Logic@UFRN.
The Proceedings of the 2017 edition were published as book by PPGFil. You can download the book here. The book was edited by João Daniel Dantas, Evelyn Erickson and Sanderson Molick.